Waiting for the Miracle

Thursday, July 05, 2007

helado para mí

Hello all! It's been quite a while since I last posted. I've been busy with so many things that I didn't find the time to write down stuff. Among these things that happened to me recently are (since around April): finished schooling, bummed around, went looking for a job and found one (thanks to the Jalapeño!), took a crash course in Spanish, and flew to Doha then Madrid.

Anyways, I'm currently situated in Ciudad Real, south of Madrid, Spain. I'll be staying here for some months because of work. Hopefully, I'd stay here until December. I'd talk about my experiences here in following entries. For now, I'm just posting pictures of the flat I share with three of my workmates, one of which is my boy, D' Catch.


~~~

Here's what you would see upon entering our flat. It's the corridor that leads to the living and bed rooms:

The very first door to the left when you enter the flat takes you to the kitchen, one of my favorite places in the flat :) The kitchen came with some utensils and cooking equipment, but not enough for decent cooking. We had to buy knives and a chopping board and other stuff to fill the missing equipments in. We have an oven, though.


Now here's part of the sala. Not much to see here. D' Cactch placed all the fragile displays inside the compartment so that we don't have to worry about stuff breaking. That black vase you see there is now inside too :)


Here's the bed that I share with D' Catch. I think this shot was taken on our first night in Spain. All of our stuff just lying on the bed in shambles. Now I sleep on the couch. I can't seem to sleep on the bed. I tried to sleep on the bed again last night but I still can't sleep in peace. D' Catch tried to sleep on the couch, too, but he's not comfortable sleeping on it, either.


Here are the views from the terrace. To the left you'd see a compound across the street. That's part of Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha. The compound houses the place where we work . Yes, we're living 5 minutes away from work.


To the right from our terrace is a Shell station. The convenience store on the right is Select's counterpart here in Spain. It just says "Tienda", a generic term for a store.


That's about it for now. More to follow soon!


~~~

Mille miles
et plus loin, mais mes yeux te voient cependant.

~^_^~



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home