Waiting for the Miracle

Friday, May 18, 2007

the one where...

A young girl was walking down the street when he came across a boy.

"Hi," said the girl. "What are you doing?"

"Does it matter to you what I'm doing?" asked the boy, staring at the girl directly.

"No, but I'd like to know," cautiously replied the girl.

"Why? I don't want anybody to know," the boy lashed back, returning to what he'd been busy with. "Now go on. Don't get in my way."

The girl sat casually beside the boy and asked, her interest stirred, "Ooooh. What's that?"

"Bugger off," mumbled the boy without looking.

~~~

"Can I have it when you're finished?" asked the girl.

"No. Shut up. Leave," demanded the boy.

~~~

"Can I have it when you're finished?" asked the girl again.

"I said no." The boy, irritated.

~~~

"Can I have it when you're finished?" asked the girl a third time.

"No!" erupted the boy. "Just quit annoying me, will you?!"

~~~

The girl stood up and began taking steps on her previous path. She was ready to leave entirely when the boy called out.

"Hey. Uhm, you can keep this," handing his work to the girl.

"Why?" the girl asked in pleasant surprise.

"I kinda broke it when you were bothering me. You might as well take it now if you really want to have it, if you still want to have it. It can't be fixed though."

"I still want it. It's perfect. Thanks."

The boy went home. The girl was glad.


~~~

Quelqu'un est heureuse, au moins.

~^_^~